SmartGraphic

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/93/04714182/0471418293.pdf

"What is graphic design?" I ask my students during the first class meeting of the
semester. They stare back at me quite perplexed, and I have generally come to expect
this kind of response. Graphic design in our culture lacks clear boundaries that give it a simple definition. I can see it will be up to me to provide an answer. I tell them, Graphic design is the most ubiquitous of all the art forms since it can be found everywhere and anywhere—in our homes, in the restaurants we frequent, on the streets we walk, on the highways we drive, in the movies and theaters we attend, and in every shop we enter.”

Basically, graphic designers develop images to represent the ideas their clients want to communicate. This is usually accomplished by combining images (photographs,
film, video, art, or illustration) and words (typography) into a unified form that
responds to the content and conveys a clear message.

What is a good idea? A good idea is an idea that requires little thought to understand but stimulates the viewer’s thinking. A good idea can be expressed without having to be explained. A good idea can communicate instantly.
But developing a good idea is only half of the work.


HAPPY READING!!!

 

0 comments: